- Georgia Institute of Technology, B.S., 1972
- Georgia State University, Graduate School of Public Administration, 1972
- Woodrow Wilson College of Law, J.D., 1981
Registrations / Certifications / Memberships:
- Admitted to Georgia Bar in 1981, Federal Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit
- Member State Bar of Georgia, Atlanta Bar Association, The Lawyers Club of Atlanta
- President, Student Bar Association
- Member, Board of Directors, Cliff Valley School
- State Registered Mediator, State of Georgia, No. 1405
- Federal Court Certified Arbitrator, U.S.D.C. for the M.D. of Georgia.
- Federal Court Panel of Neutrals, U.S.D.C. for the N.D. of Alabama
- Harvard Law School, PIL, Negotiation, taught by Professor Roger Fisher, Author of "Getting to Yes"
- Harvard Law School, PIL, Advanced Negotiation, Professor Roger Fisher
- Harvard Law School, PIL, Mediation, Professor Frank Sander, considered by many to be the father of ADR
- Mediator for Four EEOC District Offices: Atlanta, Birmingham, Charlotte, and Memphis-Overall percentage success rate for all mediations, totaling several hundred, in the 90's
- Speaker at State Bar of Georgia Institute of Continuing Legal Education Seminars, U.S. Marshal's National Conference, American Institute of Certified Public Accountants Fourteenth Annual National Conference
1997 to Present
- Private Practice Attorney in the areas of employment law, qui tam, financial fraud, RICO, personal injury, and other related civil matters.
- FDIC-As a receiver, acted as Chairman of the Board, Equitable Federal Savings Bank, a half a billion dollar institution.
- As a Supervisory Liquidation Specialist assisted in the investigation and sale of complex securities from Lincoln Savings involving Charles Keating and Michael Milken.
- Performed asset reviews for institutions up to $2 billion and referred for prosecution numerous individuals for financial fraud.
- GSA- As an attorney handled, employment law, personal injury, construction contract disputes, real estate, and other civil matters including the trying of cases in District Court and before the General Services Board of Contract Appeals.
- As a realty specialist assisted the U.S. Attorney's Office in Miami and throughout the United States with RICO forfeitures totaling in the 100's of million of dollars.